25 October 2017

Chocolate Cake (No Eggs)

This delicious, moist chocolate cake is made without eggs.


How to make chocolate cake without eggs
I made this chocolate cake because I wanted cookies.
Problem was, I was out of eggs.
I did try to find a recipe for egg free cookies, but I soon realised I probably wouldn't like the result ; I'm not a fan of dry cookies. I then set my mind on finding a recipe for a chocolate cake I could bake without eggs.

How to make chocolate cake without eggs
I found this one, and then realised I was also out of oil. Seriously, this kind of thing only happens to me. I had butter, though, so I replaced the oil with butter and I was able to eat egg free chocolate cake.
And it was delicious. This chocolate cake is moist, and light despite it having no eggs. Add a generous dusting of icing sugar, some chocolate flakes, and you'll be in chocolate cake heaven. It would definitely pair up well with whipped cream, too.

How to make chocolate cake without eggs
Here's how to make chocolate cake without eggs :

How to make chocolate cake without eggs


Ingredients :
200g of flour
200g of sugar
75g of cocoa powder
16g of baking powder
450mL of milk
45g of butter, melted
1 tsp of vanilla extract

Instructions :

  • Preheat the oven.
  • In a bowl, sift the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder) together.
  • Add in the milk, melted butter and vanilla and mix until just combined.
  • Pour the batter in a greased and floured cake pan.
  • Bake for 45 minutes to 55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
  • Let the cake cool slightly before taking it out of the pan.
  • Eat as is, or add some icing sugar.


  • How to make chocolate cake without eggs
    Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe !

    How to make chocolate cake without eggs

    2 comments:

    Do you have a question about the recipe ? Have you tried the recipe ? Leave a comment ! :)

    Back To Top