10 April 2018

My Favorite Cake Recipe

This is my favorite cake recipe. It only requires four ingredients (plus flavoring of your choice) and it is perfect for layer cakes !


4 ingredients layer cake recipe
I’ve shared this cake recipe before, with this Easter cake, or this nectarine layer cake, and I thought it was time it had its own post.
You see, I’ve used this cake recipe for four years now. It’s my go-to whenever I have to make a layer cake for a birthday or another special occasion (see this other Easter cake).
This cake recipe only requires four ingredients. Yes, four basic ingredients : flour, sugar, eggs and milk. You can just leave it at that, or add some flavoring of your choice. I usually go for vanilla extract or vanilla sugar. You’ll need a hand-mixer, as you need to whip egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
This easy cake recipe is perfect for layer cakes, as it can be paired with any frosting : I’ve made it with 2-ingredients chocolate buttercream, raspberry swiss meringue frosting, basic chocolate buttercream, mascarpone whipped cream frosting… and a lot of other frostings.
It bakes flat (well, at least for me, it always has), which means there is no cake-leveling to do. One recipe is enough for 2 9-inch round pans, or 3 8-inch round pans. If I want to give the cake a little more height, or I want to slice my 2 layers to make 4, I’ll use 7 eggs instead of 5 (and change up the other amount of ingredients, of course).
This cake recipe will be perfect if you want to make a fruity layer cake, or if you want to let some chocolate frosting be the star of dessert. It's also baking powder free, butter and oil free.

4 ingredients layer cake recipe
Let me know in the comments if you make this 4-ingredients cake ! You can also share a picture on Instagram by tagging @acupofsprinkles and using the hashtag #acupofsprinkles !

See other cake recipes.
See my other favorite recipes.

You can also subscribe to the newsletter to receive the latest posts directly to your inbox !


4 ingredients layer cake recipe
Here's how to make a cake with only four ingredients :

 4 ingredients layer cake recipe


Ingredients :
5 eggs
220g of sugar
150g of flour
100mL of milk
2 tsp of vanilla extract (optional)

Instructions :
  • Preheat the oven.
  • Separate the egg whites for the yolks. Beat the egg whites until firm, set aside.
  • Beat the yolks with the sugar, until the mixture has whitened in color.
  • Mix in the flour, then add in the milk and vanilla extract.
  • Gently fold in the egg whites.
  • Transfer the batter to greased and baking paper lined cake pans, and bake for 45 minutes to an hour (150°C/180°C), until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean (if you gently press down on the top of the cake with your index finger, it should spring back. If not, bake a little longer). Let cool before frosting.

  • 4 ingredients layer cake recipe

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Do you have a question about the recipe ? Have you tried the recipe ? Leave a comment ! :)

    Back To Top