16 January 2018

The Best Vanilla Cupcakes Ever

This recipe makes the best vanilla cupcakes ever : they stay soft & moist for days ! They'll be the perfect base for any cupcake creations you come up with !


soft moist vanilla cupcakes
I've shared my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe, now it's time to share my favorite vanilla cupcake recipe !
I've tried a lot of vanilla cupcake recipes in the past, but I'd never be happy with them : the cupcakes wouldn't taste the way I wanted them to, or they'd dry out in a day. Then I found this recipe from LilieBakery ; I tested the recipe once, but the order in which I was supposed to add the ingredients didn't really work. The cupcakes still ended up tasting amazing, so I knew I had to try the recipe again, and this time I added the softened butter at the end, instead of mixing it with the eggs and sugar, as that's what I'd had trouble with the first time. Success ! I had finally found the perfect vanilla cupcakes recipe !

This recipe is the one I used for these raspberry mascarpone cupcakes. You might also recognize the cupcakes in these pictures as the ones from this 2 ingredients chocolate buttercream recipe post. This recipe for vanilla cupcakes also pairs up wonderfully with mascarpone whipped cream frosting !
These vanilla cupcakes stay soft and moist for days ! I actually left one, uncovered, on the kitchen counter to see how long it'd stay soft and delicious, and four days later it hadn't dried out !

soft moist vanilla cupcakes
Here's how to make the best vanilla cupcakes ever :

soft moist vanilla cupcakes


Ingredients :
100g of flour
2 tsp of baking powder
1 pinch of salt
2 eggs
100g of sugar
1 tsp of vanilla extract
100g of softened butter

Instructions :
  • Preheat the oven.
  • In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
  • Beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla together.
  • Mix in the dry ingredients. Add in the softened butter and, using a hand mixer, beat on medium speed until well combined.
  • Line the cupcake pan with baking cases, and fill them with about 1 1/2 tablespoon of batter (about halfway).
  • Bake for about 20 to 30 minutes, until the cupcakes are a golden color, and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool before frosting.

  • soft moist vanilla cupcakes
    Let me know in the comments if you make these vanilla cupcakes ! You can also share a picture on Instagram by tagging @acupofsprinkles and using the hashtag #acupofsprinkles !
    See other cupcake recipes.
    See other "best ever" recipes.

    soft moist vanilla cupcakes

    2 comments:

    1. Replies
      1. Hi !
        Yes, you can bake these at 350°F for 20 minutes ! My oven is quite old and tends to burn things so I keep it around oven mark 4 or 5 and bake things longer :)

        Delete

    Do you have a question about the recipe ? Have you tried the recipe ? Leave a comment ! :)

    Back To Top